October 29

Camp Toonallook Reflection!

Last week, our class went to camp, Toonallook! It was so much fun and an experience of a lifetime! We all had so much fun and we had so many fun and exciting activities to do.                                                   Some of the activities that we did at Toona were bike riding, fishing, kayaking, camping out in tents, swimming in the ocean, going on a speed boat, games, and much more! My favourite activities were, bike riding, camping out in tents for a night, going on the boat, and kayaking! Everything was so fun but those were my favourites.

My most challenging time at Tonnallook was when we did bike riding in the sand, it was really hard and I fell off but I still had lots of fun! I also thought that fishing was challenging because we did fishing with a hand rod which was very different and I have never done that before.

Some of the Positive Learner Attributes that I had to use on camp were resilience because when we did fishing, I have never done fishing with a hand rod before and it was really hard (I didn’t catch anything) but I was really close and I kept trying. I also had to use the PLA of courage because I had to try new things and new foods and being in a different environment which was really fun to try out.

We had two year 11’s come on camp with us which was so much fun! Their names are Charlotte and Otto. They helped with the activities and made everything so much more fun! I’m really glad that they came on camp with us! When we were on camp, on the Thursday it was actually Ottos birthday! He turned 18 years old! We were all really grateful that they came because they have big exams coming up and they took off a week to help us. 

On our last day at Toonallook, on the Friday, we all got up extra early to go to the beach and watch the sunrise. We had to wake up at 6:00am but it was so worth it, it was so beautiful and it’s the best sunrise I have ever seen and we took some really good photos of it too.

Going on camp to Toonallook was such an amazing experience and I can’t wait to go back next year in year 6! It was so fun and the best school camp that I have ever been on by far and i want to go back again!

What has been your favourite camp that you have ever been on and why?

Zara

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Posted October 29, 2019 by zaracbgs in category Camp

2 thoughts on “Camp Toonallook Reflection!

1. chianacbgs

Hey Zara,
    I think you have a lot of detail in your post and I wanted to hear more! Definitely my favourite camp so far has be Toonallok. It was so much fun and I think I got to know my classmates a bit more. Maybe in year 11 you’ll go to Toona with the year 5s then😂 Some of my favourite activities were bike riding and kayaking as well! Me and Zac kept going the wrong way from the rest of the ground but I have to admit these kayaks were hard to handle 😂

Keep up the amazing work!!

Chiana👍⭐️

Reply
  2. chianacbgs

Hey Zara,
    I think you have a lot of detail in your post and I wanted to hear more! Definitely my favourite camp so far has be Toonallok. It was so much fun and I think I got to know my classmates a bit more. Maybe in year 11 you’ll go to Toona with the year 5s in the future.😂 Some of my favourite activities were bike riding and kayaking as well! Zac and I kept going the wrong way from the rest of the group but I have to admit those kayaks were hard to handle.😂

Keep up the amazing work!!

Chiana👍⭐️

Reply